In 2003, Mary Beth and Steven Curtis Chapman founded Show Hope with its mission to care for orphans by engaging the Church and reducing barriers to adoption. Since its inception, Show Hope has helped more than 7,000 children from 65 countries, including the U.S., come to know the love and permanency of a family through awarding Adoption Aid grants.
Additionally, Show Hope’s historical support of a network of therapeutic Care Centers in China has resulted in more than 2,700 waiting children with acute medical and special needs receiving loving care. Building on the Care Centers legacy, in late 2020, Show Hope launched its newest endeavor, Medical Care grants, to provide support and financial assistance to families who have adopted children experiencing healthcare needs. In the area of Pre+Post Adoption Support, more than 100,000 parents, churches, caregivers, and professionals have been impacted by Show Hope’s Hope for the Journey Conference (formerly the Empowered to Connect Conference), bringing help, hope, and healing to children and families. And with Show Hope’s focus on the future, its Student Initiatives program educates and mobilizes the next generation of leaders to effectively care and make a difference in the lives of waiting children—-not just in the future but today.
There are many ways to get involved in adoption advocacy and orphan care, but the following are four unique ways you can share about the work of Show Hope with friends and family.
- Social Media: Follow Show Hope along on your preferred social media sites. Show Hope posts regularly on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn. Check these sites daily for updates, and stay informed about the various ways Show Hope is working to restore hope to waiting children. Each site provides a unique perspective on how the work of Show Hope is making an impact on the lives of children and families around the world.
- Video Updates: Show Hope regularly generates videos that highlight its mission and work. These videos provide intimate portraits of families that have been built through adoption as well as updates on children, families, and students impacted by Show Hope’s different programmatic areas. These stories can be one of the most impactful ways to share about the work of Show Hope and are a great tool to mobilize others to get involved. Click here to subscribe to our video feed, to ensure that you receive up-to-date videos.
- Blog Posts: Show Hope’s blog includes multiple articles about adoption and orphan care. These posts range from educational, insightful articles to portraits of children and families and their stories. The blog is a great first step to giving your friends and family a peek inside Show Hope!
- Hope for the Journey Conference: Show Hope’s Hope for the Journey Conference (formerly the Empowered to Connect Conference) aims to shepherd parents and everyday caregivers to a deeper understanding of their children’s needs. By introducing robust resources and sharing practical experiences of successes and failures of the day-to-day, the Hope for the Journey Conference leaves parents and caregivers better equipped and encouraged for the road ahead.
- Pause Campaign: Gather friends and/or family to participate in Show Hope’s Student Initiative, Pause Campaign. Pause Campaign educates students on tangible steps they can take in making a difference in the lives of children who have been orphaned. We provide all of the resources and training needed to get involved and successfully complete the campaign—at no cost. We believe that students do not have to wait to use their gifts and talents to begin making a meaningful impact in the lives of others. If you are a student or student leader, we invite you to start making a difference for waiting children through Pause Campaign!
For more than 18 years, Show Hope’s impact has been felt here in the U.S. and around the globe. While there is much to celebrate, there is still much work to be done, but together, we can make a difference in the lives of waiting children and families and SEE where hope goes!