Show Hope's Statement of Faith
To care for orphans by engaging the Church and reducing barriers to adoption.
Statement of Faith
- We believe that God is one (Mark 12:29), yet mysteriously and eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (2 Corinthians 13:14).
- We believe in the deity and humanity of Jesus Christ. Jesus is the sole Mediator able to restore the broken relationship, and the resulting alienation, between God and people (John 14:6; Acts 4:12).
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit. Indwelling followers of Christ, the Holy Spirit enables believers to live as new creations in Christ and empowers them for service (John 16:7-14; Galatians 5:22-23; Ephesians 6:17).
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative word of God. The Bible is the basis for all our essential beliefs (2 Timothy 3:16-17).
- We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful men, the Holy Spirit works to enable mankind to trust Jesus alone for redemption (John 1:12-13). We believe in God’s great love for His creation, trusting that He will one day restore the entire universe to a perfected state. That which began as a promising garden (Genesis 1:27-31), will find its fulfillment in a life-giving city where there will be no more death, mourning, crying, or pain (Revelation 21:1-7).
- We believe God, in His own time and in His own way, will raise the dead and that Christ will judge all men in righteousness. They who are saved will be resurrected unto life eternal (Romans 6:23).
- We believe people are created by God and in the image of God (Genesis 1:27). We seek to promote the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ with equality across racial, gender, and socioeconomic differences. Additionally, we adhere to Show Hope’s Biblical Context for Understanding Marriage, Gender, and Sexuality and ascribe to the three ecumenical creeds of Christianity (The Nicene Creed, The Apostles Creed, The Athanasian Creed).
* The Statement of Faith does not exhaust the extent of our beliefs. The Bible itself, as the inspired and infallible Word of God that speaks with final authority concerning truth, morality, and the proper conduct of mankind, is the final source of all that we believe. For purposes of Shaohannah’s Hope, Inc. dba Show Hope’s faith, doctrine, practice, policy, and discipline, our Board of Directors is Shaohannah’s Hope, Inc. dba Show Hope’s final interpretive authority on the Bible’s meaning and application.