It’s important to carve out time in your schedules for reading the Bible together as a family. Below, we have created a list of 30 verses that can be helpful as you start memorizing Scripture with your kids! What verses would you add to this list? Comment below and let us know!
1. Acts 16:31 – Believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved.
2. Psalm 145:9 – The LORD is good to all.
3. Genesis 16:13 – You are the God who sees.
4. Philippians 4:4 – Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!
5. Matthew 22:39 – You shall love your neighbor as yourself.
6. Numbers 6:24 – The Lord bless you and keep you.
7. Colossians 3:2 – Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things.
8. Colossians 3:16 – Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly.
9.1 John 5:3 – This is love for God: to obey his commands.
10. Proverbs 30:5 – Every word of God proves true.
11. Hebrews 13:8 – Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever.
12. Psalm 150:6 – Let everything that has breath praise the Lord.
13. Proverbs 3:5 – Trust in the Lord with all your heart.
14. Romans 10:13 – Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.
15. Romans 3:23 – All people have sinned and come short of the glory of God.
16. Matthew 5:14 – You are the light of the world.
17. Psalm 139:14 – I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.
18. Colossians 3:20 – Children, obey your parents in all things.
19. James 1:17 – Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above.
20. Matthew 28:20 – I am with you always.
21. Ephesians 4:32 – Be kind to one another.
22. 1 John 3:23 – Love one another.
23. Psalm 56:3 – When I am afraid, I will trust in You.
24. Psalm 118:24 – This is the day the Lord has made; Let us rejoice and be glad in it.
25. Psalm 119:105 – Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path.
26. Psalm 136:1 – Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good. His love endures forever.
27. Luke 6:31 – Do to others as you would have them do to you.
28. Philippians 4:13 – I can do everything through Him who gives me strength.
29. Psalm 138:1 – I will praise thee with my whole heart.
30. Ephesians 6:1 – Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right.
While we celebrate the beautiful blessing of children, we also remember that there are millions of children around the world today who are without a family. Join Show Hope and the movement to care for orphans by becoming a sponsor today. Not everyone is called to adopt, but everyone can do something!