10 Bible Verses About Children
The Bible gives us glimpses of God’s heart for children through different passages in both the Old and New Testaments. Here, we provide a list of these verses to give you a closer look at what God’s Word says about them.
1. Behold, children are a heritage from the LORD, the fruit of the womb a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one’s youth. Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them! He shall not be put to shame when he speaks with his enemies in the gate.
2. All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children. (Isaiah 54:13).
3. Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you; I appointed you a prophet to the nations. (Jeremiah 1:5).
4. At that time the disciples came to Jesus, saying, “Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?” And calling to him a child, he put him in the midst of them and said, “Truly, I say to you, unless you turn and become like children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.” (Matthew 18:1-3).
5. I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth (3 John 1:4).
6. But Jesus called them to him, saying, “Let the children come to me, and do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of God” (Luke 18:16).
7. “Whoever receives one such child in my name receives me, and whoever receives me, receives not me but him who sent me.” (Mark 9:37)
8. When a woman is giving birth, she has sorrow because her hour has come, but when she has delivered the baby, she no longer remembers the anguish, for joy that a human being has been born into the world (John 16:21).
9. See that you do not despise one of these little ones. For I tell you that in heaven their angels always see the face of my Father who is in heaven (Matthew 18:10).
10. Fathers, do not provoke your children to anger, but bring them up in the discipline and instruction of the Lord (Ephesians 6:4).
As we celebrate the beautiful blessing of children, we also remember there are millions of children around the world today who are without the permanency of a family. Please join us, today, in praying for children who have been orphaned. For specific ways you can lock arms with us, please spend time in our carefully curated prayer guide.
If you enjoyed “10 Bible Verses About Children,” also check out “30 Bible Verses Every Kid Should Know.”
To stay up to date with the work of Show Hope, follow us on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter or subscribe to our newsletter!