1. Pray: Remembering orphans in your mealtime and bedtime prayers is a simple yet powerful way to mobilize your whole family to care for orphans. By signing up for our Monthly Prayer Updates, you have the opportunity to pray for a specific waiting child by name!
2. “Change For Orphans” Jar: Collecting spare change for orphans is a great way to talk with your children about the importance of helping those in need. Encourage everyone in the family to put their extra change in the jar. When it’s full, count it up and donate it as a family!
3. Sponsor: Make the commitment as a family to become a Show Hope sponsor. Together, you will be addressing a child’s basic need for food, shelter, and loving care. By becoming a sponsor with your family, you can help restore hope to orphans in distress. You can even use the money collected in your “Change For Orphans” jar to help fund your monthly sponsorship!
4. Advocate: Make your next garage sale a sale for Show Hope or plan a neighborhood block party to raise awareness for the movement to care for orphans! If you and your family would like to use the talents and passions God gave you, become advocacy events and start planning your project as a family! Don’t be afraid to get creative! Click here for some ideas.
5. Donate A Birthday: An easy way to become a Show Hope advocate is by having a family member donate their birthday to Show Hope. Ask your friends and family to donate to Show Hope in lieu of birthday presents. Through our advocacy events, you can create an online fundraising page where your guests can donate to your birthday fund! Or, you could ask your guests to bring items for our Special Care Centers!
6. Attend the 2014 Show Hope FamilyFest: Mark your calendars and come out to our FamilyFest on May 31st in Nashville, TN, for food, fun, games, and live music! Admission is FREE so bring the whole family! If you plan to attend, RSVP for a chance to win a Show Hope camping chair!