Children are life’s greatest blessings. Numerous verses throughout Scripture give us a special glimpse inside God’s heart for his little ones. Below, we have provided a beginning list of what the Bible says about children. What are some of your favorite verses about children? Comment below and let us know!
1. Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one’s youth. Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them! He shall not be put to shame when he speaks with his enemies in the gate. (Psalm 127:3-5)
2. Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it. (Proverbs 22:6)
3. At that time the disciples came to Jesus, saying, “Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?” And calling to him a child, he put him in the midst of them and said, “Truly, I say to you, unless you turn and become like children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.” (Matthew 18:1-3)
4. I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth. (3 John 1:4)
5. But Jesus called them to him, saying, “Let the children come to me, and do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of God.” (Luke 18:16)
6. Whoever receives one such child in my name receives me, and whoever receives me, receives not me but him who sent me. (Mark 9:37)
7. When a woman is giving birth, she has sorrow because her hour has come, but when she has delivered the baby, she no longer remembers the anguish, for joy that a human being has been born into the world. (John 16:21)
8. See that you do not despise one of these little ones. For I tell you that in heaven their angels always see the face of my Father who is in heaven. (Matthew 18:10)
9. Fathers, do not provoke your children to anger, but bring them up in the discipline and instruction of the Lord. (Ephesians 6:4)
10. Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you; I appointed you a prophet to the nations. (Jeremiah 1:5)
While we celebrate the beautiful blessing of children, we also remember that there are millions of children around the world today who are without a family. Join Show Hope and the movement to care for orphans by becoming a sponsor today. Not everyone is called to adopt, but everyone can do something!