*Please read through these instructions carefully because as of May 27th, our process has changed.
Welcome to the online grant application center! We are honored that you would allow us to become a part of your adoption journey. All applicants are welcome, but due to limited funding, we cannot award grants to all qualified applicants. Funding priority will be given, but not limited, to families with the greatest financial need who complete the application process with integrity, establishing that they are equipped to provide a child with a loving home consistent with the founding principles of Show Hope.
Deadlines & Guidelines:
- There are six application deadlines throughout the year:
Feb 28th, April 30th, Jun 30th, Aug 31st, Oct 31st, Dec 31st
- Your application is complete after you successfully submit your application and all references and documents are submitted. Your application date is the day your complete application is submitted to Show Hope. If a portion of your application or references is not complete, you will be moved to the next deadline.
- You will receive notification of the outcome of your application by mail
- Processing the application takes a minimum of 90 days after the application deadline
Step 1: Before you apply
- Your home study or home study update must be completed in order to apply
- You must be in process using a placement agency (this is not referring to your home study agency) that is a 501(c)3 agency licensed to place children (this cannot be an adoption consultant who is not acting as your placement agency)
- Applications cannot be submitted for independent adoptions (through lawyers, facilitators, or humanitarian organizations not licensed to place children) or for embryo adoptions
- Applications cannot be submitted post-placement
- You cannot re-apply for an adoption for which an online application has already been submitted
- If you are working through an adoption consulting agency you cannot apply for a grant until you have finalized your placement agency. In addition consulting fees may not contribute to estimated total adoption costs
- Collect the following pieces of information to facilitate your application:
– Church address, phone number, e-mail and website
– IRS tax information for the last two years it is available (Copies of those year’s W2s and tax returns)
– Net worth of property, investments, goods, and liquid assets
– Annual budget information for both income and expenses
– Address, phone, name, and email of your adoption agency and caseworker
– Your home study
Step 2: The Application Process
New online application coming soon!
- The complete application process is online. You will be able to save your application and login later to continue working on it. You will also be able to view the status of your application at any time after you have submitted it. You will be required to upload documents, including your homestudy and tax documents. You may need to scan in your documents using a mobile app scanner or a scanner available at FedEx Office or your local library.
- You will also need references from your pastor and your adoption agency which you will request using our online reference tool. It is a good idea to send an email from your personal account to the email address you will provide for both your pastor and adoption agency informing them that they will receive a request to fill out a reference. In addition, it will be your responsibility to ensure they complete their reference. You may need to email them reminders. You can view the status of their reference in your grant application portal.
- Once you submit your application and your references are complete, you have completed the application process. We will conduct an initial check to make sure everything is in order. If there are any issues, you will be asked to fix those issues before your application can be accepted. Once all issues are resolved, your application will be accepted. You will receive an email with the date you will hear from us regarding the outcome of your application.
- All applicants will receive a letter from Show Hope regarding the outcome of their application. We regret that because of funding limitation, we are unable to fund approximately half of the qualified applications we receive. If you receive a grant, you will also get instructions on how and when funds are disbursed. Your agency will also receive a copy of your award letter along with instructions on what they need to do to receive funds. All funds are disbursed directly to the agency.
- For international adoptions, funds are disbursed within three months of the travel date to complete the adoption, and for domestic adoptions they are disbursed when the child is placed in your home.
Again, due to limited funding, we regret that we are not always able to provide assistance to every qualified family. Therefore, we encourage you to seek additional sources of assistance. May each step of your adoption journey be blessed!
Create your Show Hope Grant Portal login here >>
or Login to the Portal using your username and password >>
Questions? If you have questions, please visit our FAQ before contacting us.
Preparing for the Journey:
What do you do when a child who was adopted has night terrors? How can you handle attachment issues that you did not expect to have? Why are my normal parenting methods not getting through to my child who was adopted?
Many parents go into the adoption process with high expectations that go unmet, and many others encounter problems that they wish they had learned about earlier.
Show Hope is committed to helping parents pre and post adoption to deal with issues they can encounter with children who were adopted. To learn more, visit our page on Pre/Post Adoption Support.